Thank you @Kensingtonbooks & @stmartinspress for my free copy of “The Good News About Estrogen” & “The Vagina Bible”!
💕Today is International Women’s Day, so I am sharing two books with you that have everything to do with women! (Men, don’t be shy. You can read these, too!)
💕First up, “The Good News About Estrogen: The Truth Behind a Powerhouse Hormone” by Uzzi Reiss, MD. This book comes out 3/10 & has such a plethora of information in it!
💕How hormones—and your levels of estrogen—change over time, & what you can do to achieve balance naturally or with hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
The good news about estrogen—how it can enhance energy, sexuality, and memory; alleviate premenstrual syndrome (PMS) or the side effects of menopause; help fight weight gain, anxiety, depression, more.
How your everyday habits—what you eat, drink, wear, and breathe—can affect hormonal health, and which small lifestyle changes can make a big difference.
💕So much more info in a fairly short book! I learned a lot from this insightful, well-written book! (See below for full details.)
💕Next up, we have “The Vagina Bible” by Jennifer Gunter, MD (released 8/27/19) & what a clever cover, am I right?
💕If you have a va-jay-jay or just want to know all the mysterious inner & outer workings of that female body part, you need to read this book! It is a treasure chest of important information, very educational & at times funny even. The quintessential guide for vag’s of all ages, from periods to pregnancy to menopause. (See below for full description.)
💕I found this book very informational, enlightening, & quite comprehensive. I would rather follow her advice over Gwyneth Paltrow’s any day!
💕Are you doing anything special to celebrate Intl Women’s Day?
“The Good News About Estrogen”:
The latest information about estrogen, the body’s enlivening powerhouse hormone. Why is estrogen crucial—and so misunderstood? How do I know if my estrogen level is “normal”? What is the best treatment for a hormonal imbalance? How does estrogen impact my reproductive cycle? Is hormone replacement therapy right for me? Is it only useful at menopause? How can I be my best, healthiest self now and in the future?
Understanding estrogen—its function and interplay with all your other hormones and body systems—is key to a healthy, vibrant life. But far too many women remain unaware of the benefits of estrogen, and how it can be supplemented in natural, bioidentical form.
This book, written by an expert in the field of OB-GYN and integrative medicine, offers an authoritative yet accessible approach to hormonal health. In The Good News About Estrogen, Dr. Uzzi Reiss draws upon the most up-to-date scientific research, as well as women’s stories from his decades of practice, to explain: – How hormones—and your levels of estrogen—change over time, and what you can do to achieve balance naturally or with hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
– The good news about estrogen—how it can enhance energy, sexuality, and memory; alleviate premenstrual syndrome (PMS) or the side effects of menopause; help fight weight gain, anxiety, depression, and more.
– Bioidentical hormones—why they are safe and crucial to your well-being at any age or stage, and how to choose which treatment plan is right for you.
– How your everyday habits—what you eat, drink, wear, and breathe—can affect hormonal health, and which small lifestyle changes can make a big difference.
– Nutrition and exercise—learn how each works hand-in-hand with hormones and can help you to achieve maximum physical and emotional fitness, promote bone health, prevent cardiovascular disease, and boost brain power.
“The Vagina Bible”:
OB/GYN, writer for The New York Times, USA Today, and Self, and host of the show Jensplaining, Dr. Jen Gunter now delivers the definitive book on vaginal health, answering the questions you’ve always had but were afraid to ask–or couldn’t find the right answers to. She has been called Twitter’s resident gynecologist, the Internet’s OB/GYN, and one of the fiercest advocates for women’s health…and she’s here to give you the straight talk on the topics she knows best.
Does eating sugar cause yeast infections? Does pubic hair have a function?
Should you have a vulvovaginal care regimen?
Will your vagina shrivel up if you go without sex?
What’s the truth about the HPV vaccine?
So many important questions, so much convincing, confusing, contradictory misinformation! In this age of click bait, pseudoscience, and celebrity-endorsed products, it’s easy to be overwhelmed–whether it’s websites, advice from well-meaning friends, uneducated partners, and even healthcare providers. So how do you separate facts from fiction? OB-GYN Jen Gunter, an expert on women’s health–and the internet’s most popular go-to doc–comes to the rescue with a book that debunks the myths and educates and empowers women. From reproductive health to the impact of antibiotics and probiotics, and the latest trends, including vaginal steaming, vaginal marijuana products, and jade eggs, Gunter takes us on a factual, fun-filled journey. Discover the truth about: – The vaginal microbiome
– Genital hygiene, lubricants, and hormone myths and fallacies
– How diet impacts vaginal health
– Stem cells and the vagina
– Cosmetic vaginal surgery
– What changes to expect during pregnancy, after childbirth, and through menopause
– How medicine fails women by dismissing symptoms
– Thongs vs. lace: the best underwear for vaginal health
– How to select a tampon
– The full glory of the clitoris and the myth of the G Spot … And so much more. Whether you’re a twenty-six-year-old worried that her labia are “uncool” or a sixty-six-year-old dealing with painful sex, this comprehensive guide is sure to become a lifelong trusted resource.